January 18, 2018
The Member State Committee, MCS has identified 7 new substances as substances of very high concern and the substances have been added to the candidate list for authorization. The inclusion on the candidate list imposes immediate obligations for suppliers of the substance. An SVHC substance might also later end up on the list of authorized substances under the REACH Regulation (Annex XIV).
The following substances have been added to the candidate list:
- Chrysene (CAS 218-01-9): Carcinogenic and persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT)
- Benz[a]anthracene (CAS 56-55-3): Carcinogenic and persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT)
- Cadmium nitrate (CAS 10325-94-7): Carcinogenic, mutagenic and specific target organ toxicity after repeated exposure
- Cadmium hydroxide (CAS 21041-95-2): Carcinogenic, mutagenic and specific target organ toxicity after repeated exposure
- Cadmium carbonate (CAS 513-78-0): Carcinogenic, mutagenic and specific target organ toxicity after repeated exposure
- 1,6,7,8,9,14,15,16,17,17,18,18-Dodecachloropentacyclo[18.104.22.168,9.02,13.05,10]octadeca-7,15-diene (“Dechlorane Plus”TM) [covering any of its individual anti- and syn-isomers or any combination thereof] (no CAS number): very persistent and very bioaccumulative (vPvB)
- Reaction products of 1,3,4-thiadiazolidine-2,5-dithione, formaldehyde and 4-heptylphenol, branched and linear (RP-HP) [with ≥0.1% w/w 4-heptylphenol, branched and linear] (no CAS number): Endocrine disrupting properties
The properties of bisphenol A have been updated
Bisphenol A (BPA) has already previously been added to the candidate list due to its endocrine disrupting and reprotoxic properties. The entry has been updated to reflect an additional reason for inclusion due to its adverse effects to the environment.
ECHA’s newsletter: Seven new substances added to the Candidate List, entry for bisphenol-A updated
Four new substances in February
Additionally, four new intentions for identification as a substance of very high concern have been received for:
- octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane (D4) CAS 556-67-2);
- decamethylcyclopentasiloxane (D5) (CAS 541-02-6);
- dodecamethylcyclohexasiloxane (D6) (CAS 540-97-6);
- benzo[ghi]perylene (CAS 191-24-2).
The expected date of submission is 7.2.2018.
ECHA – Current SVHC intentions
Ecobio’s experts are always happy to help with questions related to chemical legislation and the REACH Regulation. For advice or for more information, you can contact us at email@example.com or tel. +358 20 756 9450.
Ecobio Manager – Regulation Tracking and Chemical Management Service